Warm Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Now THIS is comfort food….and comfort food you can feel really good about eating! This dip “makeover” is made with pantry staples, lower in fat thanks to yogurt and chock full of veggies. It’s bound to have you dippin’ away.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 onion, chopped 1 10-15oz bag frozen chopped spinach
2 Tbs olive oil 1 (14 oz) can artichokes, drained & chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped ¾ cup Stonyfield plain yogurt
¾ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Defrost spinach and squeeze out all water.
- Place skillet over medium heat and add olive oil, then onion and garlic. Saute until fragrant and translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add spinach and artichokes and stir for 2-3 minutes until heated throughout.
- Turn heat to low and sprinkle in parmesan, then stir until melted.
- Remove skillet from heat and slowly add yogurt, one large spoonful at a time stirring in between each addition to avoid curdling.
- Enjoy with your favorite whole grain chips, pita or veggies!
Source: adapted by Tiffany from www.Stonyfield.com.